Recipes

Recipes
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time." Marthe Troly-Curtin

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Herbs

I have been having fun with my little herb garden this summer.  It had such a slow start this spring I about gave up.  It's growing now!

Oregano anyone... You would think I could just trim the plants and throw away the trimmings.... I haven't been able to do that yet.


Below is my latest cutting of Oregano along with a jar of what has already been dried.  I have also given away several small jars to family members.

 Below is what the dried leaves look like after they have been run through the food processor.

Right are the Oregano plants, they have already been cut at least three times this summer.  The plants just keep getting thicker.

Flat leaf parsley is now ready for cutting.

Lemon Thyme has a very intense lemon flavor.  Great with chicken and pork.

Rosemary... great in homemade breads, chicken and pork.

Curly Leaf Parsley, almost ready.

Of course Basil, I have taken several cuttings from this pot, and dried one small batch.  For some reason I had to replant twice this year.  It's growing now!

A person doesn't need much space to get lots of herbs.




No comments:

Post a Comment