Recipes

Recipes
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time." Marthe Troly-Curtin

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Turkey Thighs and Herbs

As you can tell by my blog, I do not consider myself a journalist or a photo journalist.  My writing skills are basic at best, but this turned out so pretty and tasty.  I had to try and put it to words.

First in a medium to large skillet with lid; saute a medium onion finely chopped until slightly caramelized and 2 to 3 cloves of garlic.   Then add  two turkey thighs, seasoned with salt, pepper, paprika, and chicken soup base powder, browning each side until golden brown.  

Add water to the pan, and also add a little more chicken soup base.  I then went out to my little herb garden and got a little of everything... sage, basil, oregano and parsley.  Added the herbs to the top of the turkey, covered and simmered for about an hour.. 

Out came the most wonderful flavored turkey, with it's own sauce ready to serve.  The fresh oregano added just enough heat to the turkey to keep it from being "boring". 

No comments:

Post a Comment