Recipes

Recipes
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time." Marthe Troly-Curtin

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Julienne Cucumber Salad

I just couldn't help myself...a new kitchen tool... had to experiment.  This is the old fashioned Cucumber Salad Recipe, only change is how the Cucumber is sliced.  When I make it again, I think I will leave the skin on to add a little color. Of course you could add some fresh basil or fresh dill to add color.  I have neither one right now..so...here's the plain Jane version.  Also, there are NO seeds in this version.


1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1/4 cup Water
1/4 cup Salad Oil
1 tablespoon Sugar
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/4 cup finely chopped onion (purple would be perfect)
1 tablespoon of chopped basil
or 1+ teaspoon of fresh dill.
1 medium to large Cucumber Julienne (do not include the seeds)
Mix and put into the refrigerator for several hours for the flavors to blend


No comments:

Post a Comment