Recipes

Recipes
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time." Marthe Troly-Curtin

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Tapioca

Have you ever had one of those "Oh No" moments trying recreate something you remember eating as a kid?  Well here's mine.. We went to one of the area's Amish markets yesterday and saw the bags of Tapioca.  I used to love tapioca pudding as a kid.  You can read the directions on the label, I followed the directions... Oh no... this isn't right.... I remember creamy pudding not a clear sauce.  Most of the recipes I found "later" on the web call for milk and water in the cooking process.



I whipped up One Cup of heavy cream until it held peaks, added one teaspoon of vanilla and then slowly added the chilled clear sauce.  Pudding came out very smooth and creamy.  The only thing that is missing is the color if you would have added an egg yolk in the finishing part of cooking the tapioca. 






No comments:

Post a Comment