Recipes

Recipes
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time." Marthe Troly-Curtin

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Zucchini Relish Recipe

I got this recipe from my dear mother-in-law about 30 years ago.  Once you taste this you will never use "store bought" sweet relish again.  I use my food processor to rough chop the zucchini, peppers and onions.


10 cups            Zucchini
4 cups               Onion
1 cup               Green Pepper
5 Tablespoons   Salt



1.  Mix and let set overnight in the refrigerator.  


2.  Drain, rinse and squeeze out excess juices.  

3.  Put veggie mixture into a large stock pot.
4.  Add the following mix to the Zucchini. 

2 cups               Cider Vinegar
1 teaspoon        Dry Mustard
2 teaspoons       Celery Seed
2 teaspoons       Turmeric
2 teaspoons       Nutmeg
6 cups               Sugar
1 tablespoon      Flour




5.  Cook for 30 minutes and put into pint jars.






1 comment:

  1. This sounds terrific. I always love to try making my own pickles, relishes and other accompaniments. This will be on my list. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete